Only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Organize or coordinate teams for disability awareness training.
- Provide a list of what departments may have a good fit for an internship.
- Provide needed documentation to be completed for their orientation process.
- Implement strategies with vocational specialist to create a successful environment for the intern.
- Intern completes HR orientation.
- Supervision and natural supports.
- The school will meet with the Social Service Agency to discuss intern progress.
Social Service Agencies
- Provide disability awareness training to the employer.
- Provide task analysis of different departments within the school to find the best fit for the intern.
- Provide direct support through orientation period, including successful completion of onboarding requirements.
- Provide on the job training throughout internship and employment with a vocational specialist.
- Provide support through orientation process.
- Implement individualized job accommodations.
- Distribute marketing and promotional materials for recruitment.
Volunteer Community Coach
- After placement, CC provides support to the intern and the school.
- Meets with the intern, school and SSA Coach to assure a smooth transition.
- Makes visits to the school 2x a month or as needed.
- Helps employee achieve their full potential in a safe and respectful environment.
- Looks for possibilities and opportunities with the school staff to foster growth and development of the TTC employee.
- Is the go-to for the school, TTC employee/family for work roles and schedule changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? Expand the panels for answers. Have more questions? Scroll down to contact us.
Let's Teach Together!
Teaching Together has successfully (and proudly) helped young adults gain skills they are now using as paid employees. We’d love to talk to you about how we can work together to improve the lives of those living with daily challenges!
Teaching Together Chicago is a program of Center for Independence through Conductive Education Inc., an Illinois nonprofit under Section 501 C 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The mission of the Center is to help people with disabilities achieve their highest level of potential. Learn more about the Center.